BW Best Of 2013
My, how time flies! It’s hard to believe we’re wrapping up another year at Biblical Woman. It’s been an exciting one here! Your clicks and comments have helped make this site a huge success. If you were inspired, challenged, or encouraged by what you read here, we count it a privilege to have been part of your journey.
Here’s a recap of your favorite posts from 2013!
10. For women without children, Mother’s Day is often a difficult day. Terri shares her heart in I May Not Be There…But Please Keep Honoring Moms.
9. Many of you expressed sweet words of comfort to Dorothy Patterson (author of “Dear Dottie”) upon the passing of her mother this September. Read her beautiful tribute, From Ordinary Events to Extraordinary Joy.
8. This fall’s Art of Homemaking Conference led to some thought-provoking questions about how we can use our homes to serve others. Candi shows how it’s not just for married women in I’m Single – Why Should “Homemaking” Matter to Me?
7. Not sure what you’ve heard about our Women’s Programs, but we’re seriously info training and equipping women for Kingdom ministry! Check out Biblical Womanhood 101: What We Really Teach at Southwestern.
6. After learning about Halloween’s pagan origins, many moms opt-out of the tradition. Melanie gives some candid insight on how her family turns the holiday into an opportunity for outreach in Redeeming Halloween.
5. Have you ever wondered why pastors’ kids seem to be either “perfect” or “wild?” Katie shares her perspective on being a preacher’s kid in Lifetime and Your “Preacher’s Daughter.”
4. On the 50th anniversary of Martin Luther King, Jr.’s “I Have a Dream,” speech, Annie Locke describes the lingering cultural challenges of inter-racial marriage in Fifty Years Later and Still Dreaming.
3. We’re still stunned at how mainstream Christian swinging is becoming. Check our Terri’s take on the trend in The Secret Lives of Christian Swingers.
2. Candi asks one simple question: Is Sexy a Sin?
1. Your churches are filled with Katy Perrys looking for a buffet-style faith. Candi challenges believers to engage their worldview in Why Should You Care About Katy Perry’s Approach to Religion?
Thank you for making this a banner year! We’ll see you back here on Tuesday, January 7th!